Saturday, September 11, 2010

Put Something In: Shel Silverstein



Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-- Shel Silverstein

This is a poem a good friend re-introduced me to in college. I love it. It was on my studio wall all through undergrad, and it's found it's way to my current studio. You can see it in the middle of the postcards and pictures on the back wall.

Though it is not as glamorous as I thought my first studio would be, it's great to have one again. It is tucked away in a corner of the basement in the house I grew up in. I'm working on the kiln and glazes part of the equation, but that will come in time.

In the meantime, I am soon to be found selling work at the Concord Arts Market. The dates I'll be there are September 18 & 25 and October 9 & 23. See you there in the brisk fall air! The work will be new works from this summer supplemented with work you can get a preview of in the "New Works" section of my website. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rachel Rolseth said...

Thanks for sharing the poem. I am going to tack it up on my wall!

Monica Leap said...

Of course! Enjoy!