I love that Intown surprised me with the feature on their recent e-newsletter blast! They are great ladies doing delightful things for our downtown. Support them!
One point I have to clarify is that this blog is not the best place to go for information about Studio 550. If you want to learn more about Studio 550 go to the Studio website. If you want to sign up for the e-newsletter for the studio, again, go to the Studio website and sign up on the top right (not the sign up immediately to the right... that is for the Monica Leap Ceramics e-news, which is not the same thing.).
If you are reading this, then thanks for visiting! Come visit us this weekend for our 1-day workshops. You get a chance to try out our classes for just a day, no commitments. We'll run a workshop day every second Saturday of the month. One in the morning 10-1PM in clay or stained glass and a second clay workshop in the afternoon 2-5PM.
See you in the studio!
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
I am so glad construction is over, now we are on to the fun part. Programming!
I have the awesome task of finding people in the community who are intensely passionate and excited about what they do, and then making a home for them in the Studio so they can share what it is that they do best with the rest of the community - you.
I'm always interested in meeting new teachers and am always interested in new ideas for programming. If there is something that you have always wanted to see in Manchester, maybe the studio could be the place for it. Get in touch with me a let me know at email@example.com
Really, this blog is supposed to be the site for my personal pottery updates, but you might find that I don't post here as often now that the Studio space is open. If you watch the calendar on the Studio website, you'll what I'm up to: http://www.550arts.com/calendar.
Regardless, even in just the first month and a half we:
- Have a full pottery class of wheel throwers who are completely jazzed to be there (they come in to practice and everything - it warms my heart!)
- Held workshops in felting, bookbinding, stained glass, knitting, clay, and more
- Invited community members to make over 40 ceramic bowls to donate to the Empty Bowls event to benefit the Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter
- Held monthly Argentine Tango social dances (every second Saturday!)
- Started salsa social dances (starting every third Saturday)
- Offer weekly Tai Chi, Yoga, Belly dance, Hula hoop, poi spinning, and AMAS martial arts classes
- Monthly Date Nights on Fridays
- Parent/Kid clay days on Saturdays
- Hosted "Studio Parties" for happy groups of friends and businesses
- Exhibited functional ceramic pottery from over 46 artists around the country
- and so much more.
If you'd like to learn more about the studio, check out the website (www.550arts.com), and read about it in the Hippo's article by Kelly Sennott.